Our solar system has eight very different and very special planets. Which one is farthest from the sun? Which one has the most moons? Find the answers to these questions and make a cool wearable planet mask with this fun activity!
What you need:
- Printout of planet mask activity (pages 1 and 2)
Be very careful when using scissors.
Adult scissors (i.e. scissors with a sharpened edge) should not be used by children under the age of 10 without adult supervision.
What to do:
- Use scissors to cut out planet shape (page 1 of printout) on the dotted line. Be sure to save the fun facts at the bottom of the page.
- Use scissors to cut out the mask's eye holes on the dotted lines.
- Cut out 3 strips of paper (page 2 of printout) on the dotted lines.
- Tape the ends of the paper strips together to make one long paper strip.
- Wrap the long paper strip around your head until you have a snug fit. The strip should form a ring around your head. Tape the ends of the paper strip so that the ring will stay the right size. Note: be careful not to get tape stuck in your hair! If you can, find a friend to help you with this step.
- Take the paper ring off of your head. Tape the ring to the back of the planet cutout near the center and top of the planet.
- Place the paper ring on top of your head and see the world through a planet's eyes! And while you're pretending to be a planet, be sure to tell your friends some fun facts about yourself. (You'll find a few on page 1 of the activity.)